writing (Gnu)MAKE in Python

Trent Mick trentm at activestate.com
Sat Jun 17 19:25:45 EDT 2000

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 06:02:15PM +0000, Suchandra Thapa wrote:
> 	I think the software carpentry project is funding a set
> of tools to replace make/autoconf/misc. dev tools in python.  The
> proposals that they've received and the winning proposals are on
> their web page (unfortunately I don't have the address but a
> search should turn it up).

You are mostly right. The Software Carpentry Project is a project to create
replacements for the standard suite of software development tools
(make/autoconf/bug tracking/etc.) with a focus on Python implementation
and/or scriptability of the tools, cross-platform support, etc.

THere were a number of proposals submitted a couple of months ago for four
different categories.  Four of the most promising in each section were
invited to submit a more detailed proposal/design document. This is due by
the end of this month. The plan is then to select the most promising in each
category and use the Project's funding to help develop the tools and document
them.

The category most applicable tothis thread is SC-Build.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
trentm at activestate.com