Carrage Returns and Tabs in Windows Applications

jelizondo at my-deja.com jelizondo at my-deja.com
Thu Jun 22 10:11:00 EDT 2000

<MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:
> ><jelizondo at simpletel.com> wrote in message
> >news:8ir53n$l5n$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> >> Does anyone know if you can code Python to automate Carrage
Returns as
> >> well as Tabs in Windows Applications?
> >
> >Do you mean that as sson as you enter a ':', the editor inserts the
> >newline and the indent for you?
> >
> >If so, I know of no such editor.
>
> Any editor (vi for example) that lets you map one sequence of
keystrokes to
> another will do that, just map :^M to :^M^I  Hopefully most editors
will do
> autoindent (remember last indentaion level), too.
>
> If the original poster didn't mean editors, then sure:  all python
programs
> under windows will automatically insert tabs and CRs in text entry
widgets.
> Just click to show it where, press the tab or enter key, and voila!

Actually I may have worded my original message a little bit wrong.
Basicly what I'm wondering is if there is a way to automate a series of
commands in a windows application using python. For example.

os.system(<program> <file>)

then using python to automate a series of commands, sort of like batch
and/or script file.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.