Strange Tkinter trouble

gregholmes at my-deja.com gregholmes at my-deja.com
Tue Jun 20 16:40:16 EDT 2000

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but you need a variable to point
to that root window if you are going to do anything with it.
For example:

from Tkinter import *
root=Tk()
w = Label(root, text="Hello, world!")
w.pack()
root.mainloop()

(this from An Introduction to Tkinter by Lundh)

Bjoern Giesler <un4e at rzstud1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Here is the error message I'm getting:
>
> [snip]
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> 'None','','Tk' # These are the values of {screen,base,class}Name below
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/org/opt/python/lib/python1.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 887, in
> __init__
>     self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className)
> TclError: couldn't stat "": no such file or directory
> >>>
> [snip]

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.