Using anydbm.

dimus63 at my-deja.com dimus63 at my-deja.com
Thu Jun 22 19:46:10 EDT 2000

I have the same thing on my computer (Mandrake6.1-7.1 mix):
Anydbm doesn't recognize Berkley dbm by some reason,
but anydbm on this computer works fine with gdbm files.

On other computer (which is sourceforge orbital)
anydbm works correctly with everything...

In article <63c9jscp2qeratnaa1r3rgivh36l92g186 at 4ax.com>,
  Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:
> Jordan Katz <webmaster at underlevel.net> wrote:
> >
> >I'm having trouble getting anydbm to work correctly.  For example,
> >
> >  >>> import anydbm
> >  >>> db = anydbm.open('foo', 'c')
> >  >>> db['bar'] = 'baz'
> >  >>> db['bar']
> >  'baz'
> >
> >Works fine, but if I try to execute it again after restarting python,
> >I get the error:
> >
> >  Traceback (innermost last):
> >    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> >    File "/usr/lib/python1.5/anydbm.py", line 83, in open
> >      raise error, "db type could not be determined"
> >  anydbm.error: db type could not be determined
>
> Good question; I have exactly the same problem.  I replaced "anydbm"
with
> "dumbdbm" and it worked fine, but I expected "anydbm" to work.  If you
get
> an answer privately, please post it for me.
> --
> - Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
>   Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/