Python vs Perl

Andy Leighton andyl at azaal.dircon.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 05:18:39 EDT 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:41:39 GMT, Thomas Weholt <thomas at cintra.no> wrote:
>This question has been asked several times before so you might find a
>better answer than mine searchin deja.com, but :
>
>Perl vs. Python :
>
>* Perl is harder to read than Python. This makes debugging and re-use
>of other peoples code harder.

Of course if you only know Perl, I would think Perl would be the easiest
to read.  Although it would be fair to say that Python is more transparent
than Perl.

>* Python is more object-oriented than Perl

In what way?  Admittedly Python programmers tend to use OO code more than
Perl programmers.  But I believe that is mainly due to culture.

I find Python more fun to develop and it is easier to refactor,

Andy Leighton => andyl at azaal.dircon.co.uk
"... January is your third most common month for madness" - _Sarah Canary_