Python Productivity over C++

Ken Seehof kens at sightreader.com
Tue Jun 13 06:59:35 EDT 2000

Hung Jung Lu wrote:

> <snip>
> The biggest advatages of script languages are that they make dynamic
> reloading easier and they offer reflection (or introspection): the language
> is capable of looking into itself, and even perform meta-programming. I know
> you can make your C++ program to do this kinds of things, but you have to
> spend a tremendous amount of development time before you can reach some
> minimum features of dynamic reloading and reflection. (I have also used Java
> reflection features, but Python's reflection is way simpler and superior.)
> <snip>
> Hung Jung

I'm developing a python module that will generate C code (translated from a
C-like custom language edited within the python application), invoke the
compiler, and dynamically (re)load the resulting extension module.  With a
little help from Python, even C/C++ can be dynamic!

--
Ken Seehof
kens at sightreader.com
starship.python.net/crew/seehof