SSL and POST with httplib or urllib

jsantaniello at my-deja.com jsantaniello at my-deja.com
Mon Jun 5 21:23:02 EDT 2000

Hi,

Sorry about the dejanews, but my newsfeed isn't
working just now...

Thanks to the good folks here on
comp.lang.python, I've gotten 1.6 going with SSL
support and it works. But now I'm having problems
using POST with a cgi. I've tried using httplib's
HTTPS and urllib's openurl, but I don't know what
I'm doing wrong. GET seems to work fine, but the
cgi I'm trying to access requires POST. Are there
any particular strangenesses to using POST that
anyone knows about? Does someone have a
suggestion on how I should be doing this? I'm
basically just following the examples from the
Python web page's docs. All help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Joseph Santaniello

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/