How to sell Python ( and OpenSoruce )

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Tue Jun 20 09:34:02 EDT 2000

>> Linux with Windows  2000/ NT 4.0.
>
>Why switch from Linux to Windows NT/2000, though? ;)

Well, first off it`s my OS of choice, but mostly it *was* because it
costs money. I`ve realized later that the cost of an os is scraps in a
huge project so that`s not a very important issue anymore. But I would
still go for Linux. It has remote-administration out-of-the-box with
telnet/ssh, ready-and-running web-server ( Apache ) , dns, ftp - well,
do I need to go on. AND PYTHON by default.

Ok, a little off topic, but Linux is probably THE development platform
at the moment, and have been for some time. If you look at
distributions like Mandrake Linux 7.1 you`ll see that developers get
alot of free and great stuff. When I had installed for about a week
ago I had MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, Apache, Python, Perl, C/C++ and so
on up and running in less than 2 hours. It at the cost of a blank cd.
And that`s including documentation.

Oh, the big-ol` Raving-Linux-Fanatic took over, sorry.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Thomas