tuple creation in C extensions

Louis M. Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jun 15 07:13:10 EDT 2000

In article <etdya48z0m4.fsf at w20-575-109.mit.edu>, Alex
<cut_me_out at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was thinking it ought to be possible to write a script that would pull
> the signatures of the API functions from the docs, and write some C code
> to determine their refence count effects.  You might be able to get a
> long way to the sort of table we need that way.

Alex,  I think I sense what you're suggesting here (checking argument
and return types, I think), but I don't know how to do that with a
script and even then, how could one tell what is being done inside the
function in terms of memory allocation or just pointers assigned to
existing memory, i.e. no ref. count increase ?