more python evangelising...

Erik Ableson eableson at mac.com
Tue Jun 27 15:30:34 EDT 2000

Just to confuse things:

We are talking about MS - and they're more interested in making money in
training packages, ms certification programs, etc.  It stands to reason that
they have no interest in an open source product that they don't have the
ability to change arbitrarily to ensure that everyone in the corporate world
is sent on MS Certified retraining courses.

An open source product with a solid user base is of no interest to them
since they can't control and brand the add on services.  As always these
decisions are business decisions and in no way related to the relative
technical merits of a product :)

Cheers,

Erik Ableson