IDLE and building Tk GUIs

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Thu Jun 8 09:43:37 EDT 2000

Anders M Eriksson wrote:

> Yes I know. I'm using IDLE some of the time, then I switch to
> PythonWin, and then I use UltraEdit. None of these products are any
> good at GUI's though. IDLE just quits when I end my Tkinter
> application, PythonWin hangs when I run Tkinter within it, etc ...

My suggestion for using IDLE to build Tkinter GUIs and not quit when
your app ends is:
execute your Tkinter GUI from a command prompt, but edit it IDLE.
I know it's a cheesy solution, but it's the best one I know of.

If other people have better solutions, I'd love to hear them.
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
   bRing mE fIve sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt