Web server executing Python scripts

Nhi Vanye offer at sgi.com
Fri Jun 30 15:05:24 EDT 2000

$ from PClaerhout at CREO.BE -#96973 | sed "1,$s/^/> /"

>Hello all,
>
>I'm working on a web based system, which consist of a whole
>bunch of Python scripts, which connect to a bunch of machines
>on a network (either using ethernet or dailup networking) and
>execute some to code to for example get things from the
>windows registry of those machines.
>
>What do you think would be the best idea?
>- Use whatever webbrowser with CGI-scripting
>- Use MS IIS with ASP (and Python)
>- Use Zope to build the whole system?
>
>It should also connect to a database running on the host.

I'm working on my site, and I'm using mod_python, which embeds python
in Apache...

There are no HTML pages, everything is generated from the python
script... The site is basically a photo scrapbook for my nephew, the
back end database is MySQL.

>Pieter

richard.
--