How to create a Tk bitmap?

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Sat Jun 17 19:12:46 EDT 2000

In article <394BE556.1D31DC6E at uniserve.com>, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>Grant Edwards wrote:
>>
>> I am wondering if BitmapImage is somehow not adding the name of
>> the created bitmap to the global list of "known" bitmaps, or if
>> the name is somehow getting mangled so the name that Tk knows
>> about is different than the one Python presents to the user.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to see the list of "known" bitmaps?
>
>To tell the truth, I've never used this option in tcl/tk, and I'm just
>learning Tkinter...so, hopefully someone else here can help you.

Now I'm wondering if BitmapImage creates a bitmap at all.

I rather suspect that it is creating an image and not a bitmap,
so I think I've got to try to figure out how to create a bitmap
under Tkinter.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. someone in DAYTON,
                                  at               Ohio is selling USED