python is hard to learn without c

Tim Rowe digitig at cix.co.uk
Thu Jun 15 15:28:00 EDT 2000

In article <9yS15.2877$Gp6.138923 at dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net>,
jin.choung at gte.net (Jin) wrote:

> but i think the reason the C++ book is working so well for me is that it
> assumes nothing about prior knowledge in an OO language because C++ is
> the
> base upon which everything else is built.

Oh no it's not! C++ drew on earlier OO languages, and there are plenty
(Scheme, Eiffel, Smalltalk) that are quite unrelated. But C++ has a huge
user base, so there's simply more books available, making it easier to
find one that fits your level. I'm glad you have -- what is it, by the
way? I'm sometimes asked to recommend something for beginners.

> thanks again, and i will pursue both paths to enlightenment and
> hopefully
> one language will bolster skills in the other.

A good approach, IMHO.