Waffling between Python and Ruby

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 14 21:36:17 EDT 2000

Huaiyu Zhu wrote:

> >"Warren Postma" <embed at NOSPAM.geocities.com> writes:
> >
> >> Having something
> >> look correct on the screen, but not work because of misuse of tabs versus
> >> spaces, or incorrect indentation, is something that still continues to bug
> >> me.
>
> If you use emacs:
>
> C-x h M-x tabify

In vi/vim, you can globally replace all tabs with:

<esc>:1,$s/<tab>/    /g

Where the spaces are appropriate for the indentation
level you are looking at.

...................If I were running a python
project, the very first thing I'd do would be to forbid
tabs in python files. Both vim and emacs have modes
where hitting the tab key inserts enough spaces to
take you to the next tabstop.

C/