Ruby -- A better OO Perl than Perl? Python 3000 features available now?

Tim Rowe digitig at cix.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 16:36:00 EDT 2000

The "What Is" named my three favourite languages (Python, Eiffel,
Ada) so I had a look.

Couldn't get it to install under Beos. Couldn't see anything in the
language that I didn't already have. Didn't like the look of the language.
Unimpressed.

In article <8hl866$bt5$1 at news.jump.net>, schneiker at jump.net (Conrad
Schneiker) wrote:

> Well, at least _some_ people regard Ruby as a better OO Perl than Perl
> or as
> a means of getting anticipated Python 3000 features now. Maybe if you
> knew
> more about Ruby, you might become one of them.

<snip>