python is hard to learn without c

gregholmes at my-deja.com gregholmes at my-deja.com
Wed Jun 14 08:27:04 EDT 2000

"jin choung" <jin.choung at gte.net> wrote:
> work my way through the book LEARNING PYTHON and while it says that
there is
> no need to have prior experience in languages like c or c++, i really
found
> that that was not true.
>
> anyone else feel this way?

The only language I had used before Python was JavaScript (well, OK,
BASIC too ;) ) and Python was even easier than that.  Every time I
contemplate C or C++, my head starts to throb just looking at the
source.

So I have to disagree.  Python was very easy to learn.  Probably not
easy to master (I may never do that) but easy to become productive with
very quickly.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.