Which linux distros have Python by default?

Kalle Svensson karl-sve at dsv.su.se
Thu Jun 15 16:55:45 EDT 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, William Park wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 10:17:25AM +0200, Kalle Svensson wrote:
> >
> > It isn't default on Slackware, but I think this isn't a very big
> > problem (for you). Most slack users would know how to install it, and
> > it's not a very big distro anyway.
>
> Slackware-7.0 has Python package in D series.

Yes, I know, but it isn't installed by default, at least it isn't marked
by default in menu install mode, which is all I ever use.
By the way, Slackware's installer must be the best I've ever seen in a
Linux distro. All those graphical installers are crap by comparison!
Had the rest of Slack been as good, I'd still be using it...

Regards,
  Kalle Svensson