smtplib

Peter Timaratz timaratz at lisco.com
Mon Jun 26 09:42:54 EDT 2000

Thank you for SMTP.

Yes, I figured out that smtplib requires the subject and headers to be
imbedded in the message. I'm new to Python and I love the language. But I
think that the design of this module reflects poorly upon Python. Almost
every CGI programmer who looks at Python will want to use this module. It
would only take a few lines of code to make it much more usable.

I'm saying this not to flame Python, but to encourage those responsible for
it's distribution to look more critically at what they are putting out. I
hope that this module is atypical of the quality of this product. I'd like
to see Python become more popular. There are many factors involved in that,
but the quality of the modules is certainly one of them.