Does Python help with the no-Unix handicap?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Jun 12 14:24:07 EDT 2000

In article <ltq8ksc1a4jnpb54bkgeho8sdu32k561bf at 4ax.com>,
 <mkx at excite.com> wrote:

>So my question is this: Is Python a more "Windows-friendly" language?
>Is it's base structure less related to any one specific operating
>system? Is learning Python an exercise in learning the language, and
>not a Unix tutorial? Can I be successful even if I do not use Unix ;)
>?

There are some parts of Python that are somewhat more Unix-friendly
(dealing with processes, primarily).  Overall, though, Python is about
as platform-neutral as anything else available, and I would definitely
say that Python is more Windows-friendly than Perl.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I love you."