?Extreme Programming in Python?

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Fri Jun 16 06:52:04 EDT 2000

Michal Wallace wrote:

> I pretty much write all of our code, so I've had little experience
> with pair programming.. But I would LOVE to see an editor wired up
> over the net so that two people could work on code at the same
> time. (If I knew anything about GUI, I'd probably try hacking IDLE
> myself)

VirtualPairProgramming Editors:

Emacs can make another window/frame on a separate X display, you end up
with multi-editing.
XEmacs 21 has 'make frame on display' on the file menu. If some other X
client allows you access, you can use hostname:display (like coyote:0
for me) to make another XEmacs window. with Emacs, both people can type
at the same time in entirely different places and/or buffers.

screen allows more than one screen process to attach to a single
process:
in two different xterms type:
screen vi #this starts screen and vi inside it
screen -x #this attaches to the running vi

There are probably more, I'd like to hear about it if you know of one
not listed.
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
 squirrels furnished by Paul E Black, the world is safe