Pickle for C++?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 28 21:13:15 EDT 2000

> Suppose I implement Module X that can unpickle anything that Python can
> pickle.  I believe it is reasonable to assert that Module X must therefore
> be either (a) Python, (b) a fairly Large Subset or Reinvention of Python.

Typically what is done is that look-aside metadata is used
to create/interpret the data. Pickling isn't the right thing
to send to C++ if you really want to have the objects once
they're demarshalled to be C++ objects. The better thing to
do is to marshal them into some cross-platform cross-language
marshalling format.

C/