python optimization

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Jun 22 19:36:00 EDT 2000

In article <8iu5dt$s6b$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <h__l at my-deja.com> wrote:

>This may have already been covered but I have not seen this particular
>question answered anywhere.  I am sure I missed this in the docs (or
>read the wrong ones) but what are the OPT options for optimization?
>
>I know of -O0  <turns it off?>
>and also -O2 <default it seems for the RPM I d/l for python 1.5>

Nope, -00 should be the same as -02; they both strip docstrings from
.pyc files for slightly faster loading (but not execution).  That's it
for optimizations.  (Unfortunately, I can't find docs for this right
now; I'm not even sure that -O2 is legal.)
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"This is Usenet.  We're all masturbating in public places."  -DH