SWIG + NumPy - any examples ?

jsboyle at my-deja.com jsboyle at my-deja.com
Thu Jun 15 13:58:01 EDT 2000

I have a number of C-routines that involve array manipulations that
I would like to make into Python extensions  that are Numpy
friendly.
The C-code is clean so SWIG seemed to be a easy path - except
for the Numpy arrays -
Beazley indicates that one can add typedefs such as NumPy
arrays to SWIG but does not explain it enough for a poor soul like
me to produce working code.

If anyone has done this, I would appreciate an example so I can
get started.

If I am totally clueless, I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Jim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.