ExitWindowsEx()

npnigro at my-deja.com npnigro at my-deja.com
Thu Jun 29 13:46:29 EDT 2000

I'm having problems with ExitWindowsEx function (a Win32api import) in
Win95 and Win98.  Unfortunately when I run the function, it closes the
active dos window that I'm running the script on and it appears to
close other active programs on the taskbar (they disappear).  However,
other active programs are not closed for they remain on open on my
desktop.  I'm sending the flags to force a reboot (2 or 4) yet it
neither forces nor reboots anything.  Any suggestions?  I would
definitely be willing to execute any sort of similar DOS prompt command
(such as rundll user,ExitWindowsExec) if it were to close all programs
forcefully.  I have yet to find such a gem... any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Nick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.