TypeError: unsubscriptable object

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Jun 7 20:25:54 EDT 2000

Cyrille Artho <cartho at mordor.ch> wrote:
[snip]
> I tried it with simpler examples, where it worked (W was also a
> member of an object, where I accessed it later - no problems). Why
> doesn't it work now? I can send someone the entire script I have written
> so far if it helps. Help would be greatly appreciated!

What's possible (but it's not possible to determine this from your snippets)
is that you accidentally assign something else to W elsewhere. Try putting
in a 'print self.W' just before you try to change it, and see what it
says. If it's an unsubscriptable object (something isn't listlike in its
behavior), then you know something's wrong. :)

Good luck!

Martijn