python is hard to learn without c

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Jun 15 09:44:45 EDT 2000

jin choung <jin.choung at gte.net> wrote:
[snip]
> yes, it was my assumption that C++ was the OO god but it does not surprise
> me at all that i am way off on it :)  but for the c++ book at least, it does
> not assume any kind of knowledge of any abstract concepts and it starts from
> the foundation of absolute ignorance.

Right, as I guessed earlier in the thread; the difference is in the books,
not the languages. Python is easier to learn than C++. Your C++ book is
however better for beginners than your Python book. My friends experience with
"Learning Python" is similar. I should get her one of the other Python
books that are better for absolute newbies, I guess.

Regards,

Martijn