A Mountain of Perl Books + Python Advocacy

Tim Rowe digitig at cix.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 15:12:00 EDT 2000

In article <3937035C.EA99CB2B at uab.edu>, shapr at uab.edu (Shae Erisson)
wrote:

> Chris Stromberger wrote:
>
> > >I would invite everybody to read Eric Raymond's article: "Why
> > Python?"
> > >Honestly, I expected to see comments about it already in this news
> > group
> > >. . . but maybe I was just late, and missed the thread.
>
> I've seen it in the special issue of the Linux Journal that is dedicated
> to Python, I don't know if it's online.

There's a link from
http://www2.linuxjournal.com/cgi-bin/frames.pl/index.html that says it
includes May's Python supplement, but I've not downloaded it.

I'm hesitant to show that article to friends. I keep thinking that after
such praise, they're sure to be disappointed in the reality. Then I think
"but what's to disappoint?"