No strptime in Windows?

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Sat Jun 10 16:24:13 EDT 2000

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000 david_ullrich at my-deja.com wrote:

>     The docs say that time.strptime may not be available
> on all platforms. It doesn't seem to be available under MS
> Windows. I don't see why not - there's nothing Windological
> about strptime but the same applies to the other time
> functions that _are_ included.

The thing is, Python doesn't invent those functions: it merely wraps them.
If the platform doesn't have strptime, then Python won't either. Choose an
strptime-less platform, you're strptime-ly screwed.

I think there are long terms plan to supply a pure Python substitute, but
it hasn't happened yet.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html