Problems Compiling MySQLmodule.c

holger at fuessler-net.de holger at fuessler-net.de
Tue Jun 27 12:38:00 EDT 2000

Hi!

I'm not sure I'm right here, but I'll give it a try.

I'm trying to compile MySQLmodule.c. The compiling and installation of
python works fine. When trying to compile MySQLmodule.c (whether as a shared
module or with access to the source tree doesn't matter) I get the following
error.

--schnipp--

gcc -shared -I/opt/include/python1.5 -I/opt/include/mysql MySQLmodule.c
-lmysqlclient -L/opt/lib/python1.5/config/ -lpython1.5 -o MySQLmodule.so
MySQLmodule.c: In function pythonify_row':
MySQLmodule.c:238: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
MySQLmodule.c: In function pythonify_res_fields':
MySQLmodule.c:384: invalid lvalue in unary &'
MySQLmodule.c: In function STH_fetchdict':
MySQLmodule.c:1125: invalid lvalue in unary &'
MySQLmodule.c:1147: invalid lvalue in unary &'

--schnipp

Maybe you know what's wrong.

Thanks in advance

Holger