compilation

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Jun 28 11:36:53 EDT 2000

In article <uya3q65n0.fsf at ctwd0143.fitlinxx.com>, David Bolen wrote:
>msoulier at nortelnetworks.com (Michael P. Soulier) writes:
>
>Ah, but the rub is how do you perform that check without actually executing
>the script, since its the execution of the script that may actually yield
>the availability of the function or variable :-)

	C seems to manage by finding such problems in either the compile or link
phases. I don't see why there can't be a compile switch for such checking.
Sure, you don't want it on all the time, that defeats dynamic binding. But for
the purposes of a compile pass, I don't see why it can't be done when it's
done all the time in C.

	Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, 1Z22, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks