Standalone http server, cgi software?

Edward C. Jones edcjones at erols.com
Wed Jun 14 10:56:02 EDT 2000

Michael Ströder wrote:

> Do you really need a stand-alone server? If yes, why? If you're
> looking for persistent web application programming you have to face
> several other problems like secure session managment, concurreny
> etc.

"standalone" turned out to be a good search keyword.

I am looking for a system that resides entirely on one PC. The idea is
to pass arguments to a Python program via a HTML form. The program
would look things up in a database, process them, etc. and return to
the browser a page of html containing the answers.

Thanks,
  Ed Jones