curses input with threads

C. Porter Bassett porter at et.byu.edu
Thu Jun 22 11:55:23 EDT 2000

I have a multi-threaded program whose interface is done with curses.  It
pretty much just runs on its own, and displays its progress on the
screen.  I want to add a pause function.  I tried creating a separate
thread that runs stdscr.getch() to catch the keyboard entries.  But when I
do that, the entire program seems to pause to wait on that
getch() function.

Is there any way to get input without freezing the other threads?

C. Porter Bassett     porter at et.byu.edu   http://www.et.byu.edu/~porter
"Pretend like this is a really witty saying." - Anonymous