freeze, standalone?

Juerg Schulthess siddi at penguinpowered.com
Fri Jun 16 07:48:38 EDT 2000

I'm trying to use the 'freeze' and 'standalone' utilty to build
standalone executables under Win32. The executables produced with
'standalone' work fine. Now I'd like to burn the executable on CD. This
adds a 'readonly' attribute to the executable and this seems to change
the behaviour of the exe completely - it exits immediately and does
nothing and exits without any output. no errors, nothing! This efect can
be easily simulated by adding the 'readonly' attribute in the file
properties. Has anyone succeeded in writing standalone executables
produced from Python code to CDs that still work from the CD???
Any help is appreciated!

-- Juerg Schulthess