"non-essential difficulty" - syntax highlighting?

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Thu Jun 1 20:22:03 EDT 2000

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> > I was thinking of doing it after the Python Refactoring Browser is
> > finished, but if someone wants to join me in coding this up, I can
> > change priorities. I would guess it would take a month or two.
>
> Any references to this browser? I did a few searches on the web but
> couldn't find anything, but interesting. :)

http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=4298
It's my fun project. I think Python needs a Refactoring Browser that
matches the original one written in Smalltalk. Feel free to join up :)

> Do you know about the compiler-SIG? One of the reasons it got started
> was exactly to create the infrastructure to create intelligent
> editors (such as IDLE); incremental parsers and all.

I've heard of it, but I haven't checked it out. I'll do so.
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
   bRing mE fIve sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt