jpython AND popen2 = error

Ralph Gauges ralph.gauges at eml.villa-bosch.de
Tue Jun 20 05:54:31 EDT 2000

Hello,

I hope I am not in the wrong newgroup here, but I have a
question concerning pipes in jpython.
I just wrote a small class that lets me steer another
application through pipes. It works fine in cpython (1.5.2),
but when I try to run it in jpython (1.1) I get the error
message:

  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/popen2.py", line 78, in popen3
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/popen2.py", line 17, in __init__
AttributeError: class 'org.python.modules.os' has no
attribute 'pipe'

Does anybody know, why jpython does not seem to have pipes?
Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you very much for the help

Ralph