Strange problem with PythonCOM

barryhart at my-deja.com barryhart at my-deja.com
Tue Jun 20 08:11:16 EDT 2000

In article <8imq9s$i0u$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  barryhart at my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm trying to use PythonCOM to call into TLBINF32.dll (the Microsoft
> type library info DLL), and I'm getting a strange error. My call to
> create the object - Dispatch("TLI.TLIApplication") - fails with "No
> such interface supported."

I found a partial answer to this myself - it appears that the
TLIApplication class does not support IDispatch, even though its main
interface derives from IDispatch! I determined this when I got the same
error creating the object from C++. This looks like an egregious error
to me!

There's still the question of how this works in VB. Maybe they're doing
something "questionable" under the hood that allows this to work.

I'm still interested in a Python-only solution to this. My workaround
has been to write a C++ COM component that creates the object for me
and does the work for me (although VB would've worked as well).

Barry Hart

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.