Learning curves (was: Python so far)

Doug Stanfield DOUGS at oceanic.com
Fri Jun 16 23:25:36 EDT 2000

[bhahn said:]

> X is time elapsed, Y is knowledge acquired.  So the common
> usage of "steep"
> with regard to learning curves is in fact exactly backwards.

Not exactly.  I'd say rather that the Y access is usually knowledge
_re_quired.

Thus:   (How do you HTML types do it <font courier, size 10>)

 Lots |            ZZZZZZZZ <- My experience of C++
 Some |      Z     YYYWHYYY <- P$?#-hwt the other
      |     Z    Y             p language
      |    Z   Y
      |   Z  Y
 Not  |  Z Y       XCELLENT <- My experience of
 Much | ZY    X                Python ;-)

 \-- Knowledge     \-- Time required to attain
     required to       a working knowledge
     be productive

-Doug-