jpython casting to abstract java class

Douglas du Boulay ddb at crystal.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 26 23:34:09 EDT 2000

> Hi,
> I have a small(ish) code fragment below which fails to
> cast a python-subclass of an abstract-java-base-class back to that
> java-base-class when it is passed as input to another
> java (constuctor) method.

Further testing suggests that the "abstract" word in the above is
irrelevant. It should say:

any JPython scripted class which inherits from, or subclasses a
java based class cannot be cast back to that base class when
passed back to another java based method requiring that
base class type as an argument.
(hope that makes sense)

I have no idea where to start looking to figure out where it is going
astray. Help appreciated.
Thanks again
Doug