ODBC

Matthias Huening matthias.huening at univie.ac.at
Fri Jun 30 03:22:51 EDT 2000

j vickroy <jvickroy at sec.noaa.gov> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
395B5E26.77666E49 at sec.noaa.gov...
> I have not seen this behavior when repeatedly accessing an SQL Server
> database using Python 1.5.2 on a Win NT 4 platform.
>
> What happens if you repeatedly open and close the database **without
> executing any other statements** between successive "opens" ?

When I do that everything works fine.
The crashes are caused by odbcjt32.dll. Perhaps it's just mij configuration
(German Win98, Python 1.5.2, Pythonwin 125). Or the specific sql-statements
(first select something from one Access-database, then insert somethin into
another database). Are there any changes to odbc in later releases?
Anyway, I found a workaround which is acceptable for this project, but
which is not a real solution for my problem.

Matthias