Need help: Python and Oracle on Linux x86

Bill Scherer scherbi at bam.com
Wed Jun 28 07:16:00 EDT 2000

Dan -

The usual problem here is the line ORACLE_L in the makefile.  Here's mine:

ORACLE_L=-lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lncr -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lclient
-lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric -lmm -lnls
rtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lncr
-lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lclient -lv
sn -lcommon -lgeneric -lepc -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3
-lclient -lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric -ln
lsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lnsl -lgeneric -ldl -lelf -lposix
-lsql -lm -lm

(that's all one line)

This works on Linux with the 8.0.5 client.

Good luck,

Bill Scherer