Future of PythonWin?

Thaddeus L. Olczyk olczyk at interaccess.com
Wed Jun 7 10:29:18 EDT 2000

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 08:55:46 GMT, "Mark Hammond"
<mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>Re MFC: Microsoft dont seem too interested in MFC any more.  Ive certainly
>heard nothing about it, and everything new I see has alternatives that
>compete directly with it.
>
>Unfortunately, my personal opinion is that MFC itself will die pretty
>soon, kept alive only by the weight of all the old code written for it.
>So with that in mind, I dont believe that MFC will undergo enough
>significant enhancements that keeping up will be a problem!

MS may not be interested in MFC anymore, because there is not much
more they can change in it. IE. it is a muture library and to add
functionality or to clean up design mistakes would break old code.

I don't see that that necessarily means that it will die. ( I would
like to see it die though. )