Python so far

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Fri Jun 16 11:08:53 EDT 2000

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> writes (about Common Lisp):
> Very high learning curve. Syntactically heavy weight. High
> current cost of maintenance. Continually deteriorating
> support and availability of technical expertise. ...

What about Dylan as an alternative?  I've only read a little bit about
it, and not actually used it for anything, but it doesn't seem like
too large a stretch for Python users.  The problem is, of course, that
Dylan isn't very widely used, and hence there aren't many fancy tools
for it, but it still seems like the closest existing thing to an
optionally statically typed Python.

Of course, for a lot of people, death was a welcome change. Grinding poverty
takes the edge off most things, including life.
  -- Tom Baker, in his autobiography