Help, Image Filters with numpy

Tor Andre Myrvoll tormy at stud.ntnu.remove_this.no
Tue Jun 6 10:45:29 EDT 2000

* Pete Shinners
| i'll be sticking with smaller kernels, no larger than
| 5x5 likely. nonetheless, i've seen a lot about FFT's
| but not much 'learning' or 'beginning' info. is there
| somewhere i can go to get a handle on the basics of FFT?

The FFT is nothing but an effective way of computing the discrete
Fourier transform (DFT) of a finite length signal. Any introductionary
text on digital signal processing explains these things without being
too mathematical about it (although you need to know your basic linear
algebra and analysis). I like the following book:

J. G. Proakis & D. G. Manolakis,
"Digital Signal Processing, - Principles, Algorithms, and Applications"

Here's a link as well:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Mathematics/Software/Fast_Fourier_Transform__FFT_/

--
- Tor Andre Myrvoll