Python COM does not seem to like me.

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Jun 26 20:43:11 EDT 2000

<millja at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8j8cja$ruj$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...

> Okay, Im sorry.  Its all working now.  I am not at all used to these
> stupid Windows computers where you have to restart after you do
> anything.

Its not Windows fault, it is Python's!  Windows has enough faults that we
dont need people inventing new ones!  The problem here is that the MS Web
Server is effectively "embedding" Python.  This means that the Python
process that you are running your scripts from is still running.

The problem is simply that _Python_ does not pick up these sorts of
changes while running.  The Python process (not the machine) must be
restarted for these changes to take effect.  In your specific example,
restarting the Python process means restarting IIS.

This can also be done from the IIS config app, or from the standard NT
services applet.

Mark.