?Extreme Programming in Python?

erik_wilsher at my-deja.com erik_wilsher at my-deja.com
Fri Jun 16 09:16:52 EDT 2000

In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.10006152355270.4382-100000 at chi.pair.com>,
  Michal Wallace <sabren at manifestation.com> wrote:

> I pretty much write all of our code, so I've had little experience
> with pair programming.. But I would LOVE to see an editor wired up
> over the net so that two people could work on code at the same
> time. (If I knew anything about GUI, I'd probably try hacking IDLE
> myself)

Try VNC (http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc)  The idea is that you
share desktop between two computers.  This way you can edit,
run/compile, and see program behaviour *on both screens* at the same
time.  Computers can be different platforms (Mac/X/MSWin).

VNC is free, GNU GPL, multi platform and can work even with modem
connections (although that can be a slow and painfull experience if
speed < 56k).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.