Passing variables between scripts

Kalle Svensson karl-sve at dsv.su.se
Mon Jun 26 07:09:18 EDT 2000

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Olav Viken wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is a good way to pass a variable between two CGI
> scripts?

That depends on what you mean by good... :)
Probably, no. Sending them through forms, in the query string or using
files are the only ways to do it with CGI. Which one that is the best in
your case, I don't know.
I suppose that if you control your own server, you could install
mod_python, which I think gives you better methods for passing variables
around (or at least better performance :)). But I don't know anything
about that.

HTH,
  Kalle Svensson