Python module for Dbase files?

Anders M Eriksson anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se
Wed Jun 21 04:30:20 EDT 2000

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:40:37 GMT, "William Dandreta"
<wjdandreta at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Hi Anders,
>
>I am running uner DOS. Any version will be fine, even older ones as long as
>I can index it.

DOS! ;-)

Well, AFAIK there isn't any ODBC in DOS. So you need something else...

Do you REALLY need to use dBASE? Are you interacting with some other
programs that uses the same database?

There is a commercial C library called CodeBase that can do the things
you want, and I still think they have a DOS version.

http://www.sequiter.com/products/cbase6.htm

Maybe you could use SWIG to create a Python module for using it.
If you're not in a hurry I could maybe do it, but not until late
august.

// Anders