compilation

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jun 26 13:37:19 EDT 2000

	Hey people. I tried the FAQ, and I can't find this. I'm a Perl
programmer exploring Python, and I'm wondering how to do a simple compile pass
on python source to check syntax. In Perl, I'd just do a perl -cw sourcefile
and it would do a quick compile pass with warnings on. I know I can start the
interpreter and import the file as a module, but that's not always desirable.
Is there a simple command-line way to do this?

	Thanks,

	Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, 1Z22, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks