(Serious?) package namespace problem (and a proposal)

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 05:28:07 EDT 2000

Several people want the relative import taken out and shot; I disagree.
Many times I want to move/make use of parts of a package eg I might want
to use part C of A.B.C in another context. If everyone uses absolute
package names this becomes a problem. The only problems I have come
across relate to the ambiguity of python classes etc when imported via
two different routes; if we could fix that then relative importing
wouldn't seem so horrid.
--
Robin Becker